Pictures FABRYC Is registered with the DGAC under the number ED01650 and works daily alongside these services. We try to work in good conditions and in a relationship of trust. A law is applied for security matters, we respect it and do not derogate from it. Between law and common sense we always make our drones evolve consciously! This depends on the obstacles, the weather, the glare, an audience … We will always keep you informed of the possibilities of operating in the places you have chosen.
The essential points of the regulations in force are as follows:
- Manufacturers must obtain from the DGAC a type design certificate, specifying in particular the category of the aircraft (A to G), the nature of the activity envisaged, and the mission scenario (S1 to S4).
- Operators must be included in a list drawn up by the DGAC, which shall include the nature of the activity, the mission scenario (S1 to S4), the manufacturer and the aircraft model used.
- Telepilots must have obtained formal certification (theoretical training) and have a DNC (Declaration of Competence Level).
- Flight authorizations are subject to the prior submission to the DSAC (Prefectures) of the Particular Activity Manual (MAP).
The categories of unmanned aircraft are broken down as follows:
- catégorie A : Aeromodels with or without a maximum take-off mass of less than 25 kilograms or, in the case of inert gas, of total mass (structural mass and load) less than 25 kg.
- catégorie B : Any model aircraft not complying with the characteristics of category A. The Minister responsible for civil aviation imposes airworthiness and pilotage requirements only for Category B aircraft. In fact, the applicant for the authorization to fly a model aircraft Category B submits to the Minister responsible for civil aviation the technical file of his model aircraft.
- catégorie C : Captive non-aeromodel aircraft with a maximum take-off weight of less than 150 kg.
- catégorie D :Unmanned aeromodels, which are not airplanes, motorized or not, non-captive, with a maximum take-off mass of less than 2 kg, or, for inert gas, total mass (structural mass and load) less than 2 kg .
- catégorie E : Uncontrolled aircraft that are not model aircraft, which are not category C or D, motorized or not, with a maximum take-off mass of less than 25 kilograms or for unmanned aerospace aircraft of total mass (structural mass and load carried ) Less than 25 kg.
- catégorie F : Unmanned aircraft that are not model aircraft with a maximum take-off mass of less than 150 kg that do not comply with the characteristics of category C, D or E.
- catégorie G : Uncontrolled aircraft that are not model aircraft, and that do not meet the criteria of categories C to F.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has also described and segmented different flight scenarios as follows:
- Scénario S1 : Operation in direct view of the telepilot taking place outside the populated area, at a maximum horizontal distance of 200 meters from the telepilot.
- Scénario S2 : Operation outside the populated area, in a volume with a maximum horizontal dimension of radius of one kilometer and less than 50 m (<150Kg) / 150 m (<2Kg) of the ground and artificial No person on the ground in this zone of evolution.
- Scénario S3 : Operation taking place in built-up areas or close to persons or animals, in direct view and at a maximum horizontal distance of 100m from the remote pilot.
- Scénario S4 : Activity (surveys, photographs, observations and aerial surveys) out of sight, out of populated area and not meeting Scenario S2 criteria.
Official text of the decree DGAC of 15 December 2016 on the use of airspace by aircraft operating without a person on board.